Sunday, June 16, 2019

June 16



He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." (Psalm 91:1-2 NIV)

Many years ago our family visited Paris. The tourism activities became rather straining, particularly due the temperature hovering around 30 degrees Celsius (90 f). We still had one ”must see” on the day’s list. It was Sacre Coeur Basilica situated so beautifully on top of a mount with a spectacular view of Paris below.
Even though we were tired we decided to climb the steps up to the church. When we reached the top we were completely worn out from the heat and the exertion.
The first thing that struck us when we entered the ’Holy Room’ was the coolness, the wonderful, refreshing coolness. When I then lifted my eyes to the apse above I beheld a magnificent mosaic of Jesus with His hands stretched out extending over the congregation. In the same manner that we were refreshed by the coolness when we entered the Holy Room, my inner being was showered by God’s blessing, and I sensed that here, in the shadow of God’s blessed hands is where I wanted to be. Here I want to live.
I experienced that which today’s Bible verses speaks about, that ”He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High”, can filled with assurance know and say that the Lord is a refuge.

Prayer
Thank You Jesus that today as well, I can live under Your blessed hands and experience the rest in the shadow of You, the Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment