Tuesday, June 18, 2019

June 18



”They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.” (John 17:16-17 NIV)

A diver working under the water does so in an element where he has in fact no preparation to survive for more than a moment. The diver is dependent on either being united with the oxygen above the water surface through a hose, or else he has oxygen with him through a tank worn on his back. He must at all costs be connected to or have access to oxygen, or he can’t survive.
As a Christian I live in the world but not of the world. I live in fact in an element in which I can’t survive and I must constantly seek ’oxygen’ from my ’right’ supply which is God’s Kingdom. I must collect my nourishment from God’s word and from fellowship with Him in praise and prayer, otherwise I will die spiritually.

Prayer
Jesus, today I would like to have a steady intake of the life giving resource from Your Kingdom in my life. I need to steadily receive nourishment from You in order that the new life that I own in You can grow strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment