Saturday, June 22, 2019

June 22



”Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season…”
(2 Timothy 4:2 NIV)

There were maybe between five and seven mothers who lived with their children in the Christian family shelter that spring. A group discussion about the Christian faith was an obligatory part of the daily routine.
Then came the weekend and most of the mother’s had a two day pass. There was only one mother left. It occurred to me that perhaps she felt exposed as there would be no other mother’s present during the group discussion. Therefore, I suggested to her at lunch; ’in that you are the only one left we will cancel the discussion for today’. She looked at me wide eyed; ’I see: Am I not important?’ With remorse I assured her that of course she was important and that we’d make room for the discussion. And the remarkable thing that occurred that day in the group discussion was that, that young mother gave her life to God. She was saved!
Sometimes perhaps we are all too careful and afraid that we are forcing the Gospel on people. The reality is often instead that others long to learn about our faith and to get to know the Jesus that we believe in.


Prayer
Jesus, help me today to be willing to speak about You and to live my life in order that others desire to learn to know You.

No comments:

Post a Comment