Friday, July 12, 2019

July 12



”But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt…” (Exodus 3:11 NIV)

Moses was God’s chosen helper. When I think about him I envision him before me as the great leader, who stretched his staff out over the water and the sea parted. I think about him speaking to the rock and the people were given water and when he prayed and the people received manna from heaven. Moses truly was in God’s good grace. Nonetheless, it’s Moses who says in today’s Bible verse: “Who am I… how can someone such as I…?”
Often I have put the same question: “…how can someone like me do this or that?” But God doesn’t count on our human abilities when he chooses His workmen. When He has chosen you and you pose the:”Who am I” question to Him, He always replies, ”I will be with you”. That’s the answer to how someone such as you and I can accomplish anything for God.

Prayer
Thank You God that You have promised to be with me today and in all my days. Thank You that Your power is as real today as it was in Moses’ time and that nothing is impossible for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment