Sunday, July 14, 2019

July 14




”… nor does His Word dwell in you...” (John 5:38)

During our years teaching at the school I had several piano students. At the start of one semester a young girl came to me and asked if it was possible for her to take piano lessons. I was hesitant as I already had registered the maximum number of students allowed, but she was insistent. In the end we agreed that she’d be given a confirmed time for a lesson once weekly. But, in spite of her insistence that she wanted to learn, she prioritized her time so poorly during the school’s nine month calendar that she only attended one single lesson.
Sometimes we Christians resemble her. We say to Jesus that we’d like to learn from Him. We sing and pray: “Teach me how to love You, teach me how to pray, teach me how to serve You.” But when it comes right down to it, we are not prepared to be students, to invest the necessary strength and energy in truly learning.


Prayer
Teach me how to truly love Thee
Teach me how to truly pray
Teach me how to truly serve Thee,
Truly better day by day…

No comments:

Post a Comment