Friday, July 26, 2019

July 26



”Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him...” (Psalm 37:7 NIV)

When orienteering, it most often concerns finding the correct direction very quickly in difficult to traverse terrain. But, even if one is in a hurry and has an instinct of the direction to run, it’s still wise to regularly hold up and check the compass settings. If one doesn’t do that one will unintentionally make an error.
In the Christian life we sometimes assume that we can simply keep running, however, we need moments when we, figuratively speaking, check the compass settings – when we stand in stillness before the Lord and wait for His directive.

Prayer
Lord, help me to dare be still and truly determining if I am moving in the direction that you wish me to move in. If You show me that I’ve run awry, show me the path back to You, so that I may again live in Your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment