Thursday, August 1, 2019

August 1



”Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD—and you forgave the guilt of my sin.” (Psalm 32:5 NIV)

At first we heard only the running water. Then we discovered that it was the toilet stool, however, with a simple push it was silent. Subsequently it became more difficult to stop the flow and one had to push considerably harder. At the end there was no stopping it, neither the sound nor the running water. We said: Something must be done! – But nothing was done. We became used to the sound of the running toilet.
Then came the water bill – almost a month’s salary. There must be an error in the invoice. There must be a problem with the water meter. No discernable leaks! Down to the house foundation to seek leaking pipes – Nope! – But, it can’t simply be the toilet stool?
Slowly it dawned on us that the measly drops, those that freely leaked for a rather long time, had cost us a fortune.
There can also exist leaks in our spiritual life, that will cost dearly, if we don’t take charge. When we have done something we shouldn’t have, and say ’that wasn’t so bad’, the power leaks out. When we disregard the Holy Spirit’s leading within, the power leaks out. The only way to stop the ’leak’, is to acknowledge our sin and receive God’s forgiveness. Only then can we continue to live without having to fear the consequences.

Prayer
Lord, help me to be vigilant in what I say, think and do. And if I do something that doesn’t please You, help me to quickly confess and accept Your forgiveness and cleansing.

No comments:

Post a Comment