Saturday, August 24, 2019

August 24



”For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" "lords"), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom and many all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.” (1 Corinthians 8:5-6 NIV)

I heard a evening meditation on the radio where someone was struggling with life’s meaning and said something like: ’Life’s meaning is the only meaning where I can’t quite pull out the answers.’ It was a clumsy formulation, however, I believe it is in fact a difficult grammatical enigma for many, to arrive at the definition of life’s meaning. And I believe that this makes life intolerable for many.
It may be that one of Christianity’s foremost purposes is that it creates a meaning, a purpose for our existence. Today’s Bible verse focuses on this key point in the Christian faith. The meaning of life is that we are created to have fellowship with God. If we lack this there is no comforting explanation for our existence. However, if we find our place in relation to the living God, all falls in place.

Prayer
Jesus, thank You for helping me believe that You created me to live in fellowship with You. Thank You that my life has its focus in You and doesn’t simply evolve around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment