Wednesday, August 7, 2019

August 7



”Your will be done…” (Matthew 6:10 NIV)

Wilfrid Stinissen writes in his book ”My Life in Your Hands”, that if we allow ourselves to worry, we haven’t fully given ourselves over to God’s will. He writes about saints:

”They knew that God gave them a little nudge in the back every moment of every act and every happening, not least through that which seemingly destroys their ’spiritual life’. And they allowed themselves to be nudged by Him.”

In the book Caussade is also cited, who writes that surrender makes the soul ‘as easy to move as a ball’.
I often pray the Lord’s Prayer and that His will rule in my life, but how often don’t I protest when God gives me a nudge through experiences and circumstances? Truly, how easily is my soul stirred?

Prayer
Help me today to surrender all my needs to You and place myself fully in Your hands. Make me pliable – Let Thy will be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment