Friday, August 9, 2019

August 9




”… for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.” (Galathians 3:27 NIV)

To be baptized into Jesus means that I have died to my old life, where I lived in the ways of this world and allowed myself to be led by the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient (Eph 2:2 NIV). But I have also been raised to a new life where Jesus is Lord, i.e., He whom I allow to be led by. I have been clothed anew with Christ – He now surrounds me on all sides.
In the English Living Bible the word used is enveloped – sealed in an envelope rather than clothed. I like the picture of an envelope, in that it also includes the perspective of being sent out, and He seals me where I go in His service.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for enveloping me where I go forward today. Help me to be led by You alone, You Who are my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment