Tuesday, September 10, 2019

September 10



”It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in princes. The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation”.
(Psalm 118: 9.10.14 NIV)

In my work I have sometimes come in contact with some of our community’s most vulnerable persons: persons many would categorize as hopelessly lost. My experience though is that faith in God lives fervently among many of these people. Sometimes it may be that the prayers prayed by some of these people who are caught in the vice of homelessness, alcohol and drug abuse impacts to a greater degree on God than the many beautiful prayers and lovely songs of praise heard in our churches.
I believe we have something to learn from the homeless person who mouthed the following on a park bench:

If I wake tomorrow You are with me,
And if I don’t wake I will be with You

It’s an expression that reveals an authentic peace from a person who has learned to depend on God in all circumstances.

Prayer
Thank You that we can depend on You in all life’s circumstances. Help me to turn to You today with all my cares. Thank You that You are, that You have been, and that You will be my song and strength in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment