Monday, September 23, 2019

September 23



”Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.” (Psalm 40:4-5 NIV)

My mother-in-law was a godly woman who was gifted a long life. Her last years were spent in an assisted living facility, where she in fellowship with others, was a witness to God’s love and grace.
She was over ninety years old when she met a peer who was very sad. The elderly ladies conversed as both were standing and supported by their walkers. My mother-in-law tried consolation and said: ’Right, I shall pray for you that all will be well’. At that, the other lady sneered with a nasty: ’Well, you see, that’s something I can’t believe in’. Then my mother-in-law answered in a concerned voice and with emphasis on the word ’poor’: ’You poor dear who is unable to believe’.
My mother-in-law was right. It’s a pity that some people lack the access to the fixed assurance in life that faith represents, and we who believe ought to do all in our power, regardless of how old we are, to tell others about what Jesus can do in a person’s life.

Prayer
Lord, help me to witness to Your love and grace all the days of my life so that even when I am old and my hair is grey, I will still praise Your Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment