Sunday, September 29, 2019

September 29



”Be made new in the attitude of your minds…” (Ephesians 4:23 NIV)

A few years ago we used to organize special Bible study weekends for denominational leaders under the heading ”Charge the Leader”. It’s important for leaders, who constantly deliver God’s Word, to step aside to simply receive for their own sake.
Like most people now-a-days I have a cell phone. In my cell phone that also functions as a small portable computer, I can program and carry with me all the information I deem important to me. There I have access to the Bible in several languages, addresses, diary, etc. It’s a very practical gadget to have; however, there is one problem – when I forget to re-charge the battery. Then it first gives out a silent reminder that it needs charging. It repeats the alert again following a brief wait. But, if I ignore these reminders for too long, the result is that the phone dies. All information is deleted, and I stand there with an empty object in my hand, that can’t make any phone calls or provide any useful service what-so-ever.
In the spiritual life we also receive small reminders that God wants us to be re-charged. Let’s not neglect these reminders but instead make certain that we as leaders – i.e., agents of God’s power, can function optimally.

Prayer
Jesus, help me to be alert to your warning signals, when I have gone on too long, without a re-charge for my own use. Thank You for Your presence always being near me in order that I be filled with Your power in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment