Sunday, September 8, 2019

September 8




”… and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place." (Deuteronomy 1: 31 NIV)

I was taking a short hike through the woods with my two and a half year old grandchild. She was carrying her beloved doll that she called ‘baby’. We had no stroller with us as we usually did and soon enough the grandchild became tired in her legs and wanted grandma to carry her. I lifted her up and joked that now I am carrying her and she is carrying her doll. In that way we were helping each other. She thought for a moment and then she said: ‘I don’t have enough strength to carry the doll anymore; you will have to carry her too’.
I smiled and thought how we are sometimes like the little grandchild. We go on carrying our burdens forgetting that when God carries us He carries both us and our burdens.

Prayer
Jesus, thank You that you will carry each day’s anxieties and burdens for me. Thank You that all rests in Your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment