Friday, October 25, 2019

October 25



"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering."
(Romans 8:1-3 NIV)

A good friend of ours was a gifted Bible teacher. He used to preach on Romans 8:1-3 and say: "If I fail and fall after I have become a Christian, I don’t fall outside His presence ...". At the same time that he said these words, he had a pen that would illustrate a human being, and with it he moved the pen around on the Bible, which he held in his hand, and when he said the words, ’I do not fall from His presence’, he let the pen fall outside the Bible, and onto the floor, and he continued, ‘No, if I fall after I have become a Christian, I fall in Him.’ And so he illustrated with the pen initially standing, how it could fall flat on the Bible, surrounded by it.
It was an illustration, which I will never forget, and when I fail in my Christian life, I think of this picture and I see myself surrounded by God Himself. So it is for those who have given their lives to the Lord of the World, Jesus Christ.

Prayer
Lord thank you for the promise that there is no condemnation for those who belong to You. Thank you for Your grace, sufficient for every debt I owe. Thank you for loving me most when I least deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment