Friday, November 15, 2019

November 15



"... so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11 NIV)

I was only 18 years old, and I was not personally a Christian. I traveled alone by Greyhound bus across America, from east to west. It took three days, and many interesting people, who traveled shorter distances than I, came and sat alongside me during the bus trip. Most were quite open and talked easily with the girl from Sweden. Most I have forgotten. But her, I remember well - a girl in my own age. I do not remember what she looked like. I do not remember how we started talking, but I remember that she was a Catholic and that she testified to me about Jesus. I was raised in a Christian home, and knew what she was talking about, but for the most part it was embarrassing. But her testimony etched itself into my mind and I wanted to be like her one day.
Another woman was in her sixties. Now she wanted to talk about it, that which my mother had asked her when she was a little girl. Mother had asked her in the context, if she was saved, and mother's care for the little girl's eternal well -being had followed her throughout life.
The words from the mouth of God, those coming out of our mouths when we are willing to testify for Him, penetrate deep into the hearts of men. The words create a concern that can’t be stilled until God Himself is given a place in their lives. These words do not come back futile, but rather does what God wants and carries out His mission.

Prayer
Lord help me today to convey your words to others. I pray the words of the song:

Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
(Frances R Havergal 1874)

No comments:

Post a Comment