Thursday, November 21, 2019

November 21



"The woman said, ‘I know that Messiah is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.’ Then Jesus declared, ‘I who speak to you am he.’” (John 4:25-26 NIV)

I came into the dining room and I saw him immediately. He sat with his back towards me so I would probably not have noticed him among all the other guests were it not for the question mark. He was dark haired, but his neck was shaved to leave nothing except the patch that was a big question mark. It shone white in the middle of the black hair. When I got to know him a bit more I realized that the question mark on the back of his head was merely a visible expression of his perplexed life.
Many people are confused in their understanding of themselves and their world today. Not all exhibit a visual sign of this as clearly as our friend in the dining room. Many cry out their desire for answers, by indulging in various kinds of abuse or other destructive behavior. But questions about the meaning of life must be made, and they will be until they get a satisfactory answer.
In today's Scripture the woman waits for the redemptive answer in her life. She knew that when the Messiah came He would let her know everything. Then the question mark would be straightened out into an exclamation point. So Jesus stands in front of her, and He says calmly: It's me!
Likewise, Jesus is the answer in front of every human struggling with life’s issues. He not only has all the answers - He is the Answer!

Prayer
Lord, thank You for talking to me today. Thank you for reminding me that You are the One who has the answers and is the Answer in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment