Thursday, December 12, 2019

December 12



"You have given him his heart's desire and have not withheld the request of his lips…For you meet him with rich blessings; " (Psalm 21:2-3)

Today's scripture became particularly alive to me on a stressful autumn day when the children were small. I had only slept a brief time that night. We had moved to Norway, and we were in the midst of selling our house in Sweden. I had dipped candles in the morning for a group of young people in the congregation and had another visit all afternoon. My little boys had fought all day and I had barely got dinner on the table, when I was told that I needed to drive some of the children to a meeting that I had not counted on. I had to leave dinner and everything facing me and scurry helter-skelter. I was stressed out!
When I got home, my then nine year old son had put away all the items and cleaned up the kitchen. I had not asked him to do it and I was so happy and grateful to him, when I saw the spotless kitchen. But I also knew that through the events I had received a great blessing from God.
Sometimes God comes to us unexpectedly in such circumstances through everyday small events. He can use whomever He wants. Sometimes we may be the one receiving the blessing and sometimes we may be conveying the blessing to someone else.


Prayer
Lord, thank You for presenting us with rich blessings every day. Open our eyes in order that we can see that You appear in everyday small events.

No comments:

Post a Comment