Sunday, December 30, 2018

December 30



"(Wisdom demands that) I walk in the way of righteousness, In the midst of the paths of justice." (Proverbs 8:20 ASV)

My auto-driving school instructor taught me that while driving on a dark road, one should keep as close to the center stripe as possible and avoid driving too close to road shoulders. Chances are that you could run into the ditch or run into obstacles along the roadside, and in the darkness, we don’t see them until it's too late.
Today's scripture speaks about the way of righteousness. It is a narrow road. Many new Bible translations no longer use the word way but instead speak about the path of righteousness. And Jesus says that "... the road is narrow that leads to life".
If I want to be wise, I will travel in the middle of the right path. I must keep as far away from the dangers that loom along the edges, obscure and ambiguous. This means that I cannot compromise with sin in my life. I must banish all that is intolerant to light, and if I want to avoid driving off the road, I must keep myself in the center of the path of righteousness.

Prayer
Jesus, I will walk in Thy light today. Righteousness’ path is narrow, and I do not always know what is right and wrong. But I want to walk close to You, You who are in Yourself righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment