Monday, January 7, 2019

January 7



"They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator…" (Romans 1:22, 25 NIV)

Today’s Bible portion refers to people, who “by their unrighteousness suppress the truth” (Romans 1:18). All through history people have been searching for truth. The dilemma however, have been that they wanted to find truth without counting with God, and so they have exchanged the truth about God for a falsehood. This is what happens when we worship and serve a created being rather than the Creator. When Jesus is standing before Pilate he says: “…for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." (John 18:37).
Sometimes one can hear people say that, ‘what is true for you does not have to be true for me. You can have your truth and I will have mine.’ But there is not anything that can be “a little bit true” or “mostly true”. The nature of truth is either – or. There cannot be a median between the two. Either the Christian faith is true or it is false. If the latter is true all of the millions of Christian who ever existed on earth, and all who exist today, are wrong.
I do not want to live my life based on a lie. I have chosen to believe in the Truth Himself, Jesus Christ.

Prayer
Jesus, I believe what You have said in the Bible and I want to build my life on You. You are the Truth, which is reliable enough for me both to live and to die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment