Thursday, February 7, 2019

February 7



”At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.” (Matthew 11:25-26)

Children are direct. They have not learned to disguise themselves. They come with their thoughts just as they are. In the book "Children write to God" by Eric Marshall and Stuart Hample, little Martha prays, "I've lost my mitt again and I will cry myself to death if no one defends me. Will you? "
As an adult, maybe I do not need someone to defend me for a dropped mitten, but I may come to God with all that others might think were trifling, but which for me is a concern. And I may come to him anytime. Some people become so very mature, so learned and wise. They would prefer to manage everything themselves. They may do so, but then they have nothing to draw with God.


Prayer
O Jesus, let me never be so great that I cannot fit in Your arms No, I would always live close to You, I want to come to Your land.

No comments:

Post a Comment