Thursday, March 28, 2019

March 28



"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (2 Cor. 3:17 NIV)

The Holy Spirit emanates from the Father and shows us who Jesus is. The Father sends the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ Name. When I think about the Holy Spirit it always deals first and foremost with ”freedom”. I think about freedom as an act and I think about freedom as being the person I truly am. But maybe I think most of all about the freedom in God, in this world, where we are surrounded by and often feel controlled by evil. When the Holy Spirit is with us we dare break through resistance.
I am thinking also of the freedom from unhealthy bonds. The Holy Spirit helps a person to break every bond that would seek to keep one absent from fellowship with God. He is the ’Helper”, he who reminds of all that Jesus has spoken. (John 14: 26)
When temptation comes it’s the Holy Spirit, who with soft ribbons gently binds me to Jesus. The Holy Spirit lives in me if I am a Christian, and in my very being whispers words of warning that cause me to remain strong in Jesus.

Prayer
Holy Spirit thank Your for living in me and for allowing me to experience freedom from all bonds except that which binds me to Jesus Christ, God’s Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment