Sunday, March 3, 2019

March 3



"When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty." (Jeremiah 15:16)

I was speaking with a lady who was a foster parent to a young girl. The lady told me that the young girl, along with the foster parents, made a journey to meet the child's biological mother. It had been a whirlwind experience for her, and she was quite tired following the visit. On the journey home the foster mother heard the young girl say, “Just think, mom said that she loves me”. Our words have an unrealized power. A mother, who because of some circumstance could no longer care for her child, shared the natural utterance, “I love you” when she saw her daughter. And the words caused a deep sense of joy and contentment in the child.
When we come into the presence of God, our Father, He also speaks words of comfort in our heart. If we listen and take the words into our being His words will create something deep and significantly good in our heart. His words will be our heart’s joy and gladness.

Prayer
Lord, I long to hear Your word deep within. Thank You for speaking words of delight and joy to me. Thank You for telling me You love me and that I am valued in Your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment