Thursday, April 18, 2019

April 18



”But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot… can I not do with you as this potter does?" declares the LORD. Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.” (Jeremiah 18:4,6 NIV)

Some days nothing you try goes right. You’re misunderstood and feel isolated. Perhaps it’s not so much the fault of others... Maybe it’s simply that you feel unfortunate, unlucky, and allow your negative thoughts to steer your mood. If so, then you send out negative signals to others and they in turn respond, reflecting your mood.
No one needs to be locked in negativism. The Lord can transform that which went awry to something wonderful, if we but dare give ourselves over to His care.

Prayer
Lord, thank you that I can be like the clay in the potter’s hands and allow You to shape me. Thank you that you are able to recreate and renew that which has gone askew in my life. I give myself over to you anew, to You, Who created all there is of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment