Monday, April 29, 2019

April 29



”Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

When I studied for my Masters degree, I had a teacher and counselor who was very encouraging. When I faced major challenges and demanding assignments, I would have a letter exchange with him via e-mail. He wasn’t a Christian, but he always ended his messages with the words: ”Be strong!”. Those words helped me a great deal and made me continue where I otherwise might have given up.
Later, when I had the opportunity I read the English Bible and discovered that the words were written there as well. However, in the Bible we also find an explanation on how I can remain brave and strong. It is because the Lord Himself is with me in all that I do. I do not need to depend on my own understanding but can also count on God’s power.

Prayer

Jesus, today You tell me to be brave and strong in all that meets me. If I am tempted to give up, I pray that You will remind me that You have promised to be with me in all circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment