Saturday, April 6, 2019

April 6



"If my people would but listen to me, if Israel would follow my ways, how quickly would I subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes!” (Psalm 81:13-14 NIV)

God’s greatest concern in the Old Testament was not to protect His people from their enemies. Certainly there were enemies; however, most often it wasn’t the enemies who stirred things up most. God’s major problem was His own people, those He had chosen for Himself. It was those who didn’t bother to listen to God and heed His direction. They behaved in the same way we often do. We want to do things in our way and have such clever solutions for everything. But our methods and solutions are not sufficient in the spiritual battle. In that we must listen to God. He has a larger perspective and if we want to win a victory over our enemies we must take time to listen to God and dare follow His direction.

Prayer

Today I want to put aside time to be so still that I can hear Your voice in my inner being and comprehend Your direction. Help me to obey Your voice at least sometime today, even if it only deals with saying a friendly word to someone, make a telephone call or invite someone for a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment