Saturday, May 11, 2019

May 11



”Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you …”
(Psalm 55:22 NIV)

God does not want me to carry my burdens alone. He wants to carry them for me. Sometimes He wants me to ‘uphold His law’ through the carrying of others’ burdens. ”Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” (Gal. 6:2).
However, the moment I have taken the burden of someone else to my heart I am free to cast it on the Lord. Barbara Johnsson speaks in one of her books about ”The joyous art of casting burdens”. It truly is an art that we need to learn through practice.
It reads we shall cast burdens. When one casts something it’s done quickly. It’s something that occurs with strength and determination, as opposed to putting something aside carefully. God wants us to discard those things that weigh on us quickly and immediately. We are to cast them on Him.

Prayer
Help me today not to become weighed down by those things You wish to carry for me. Help me to quickly cast that which would steal my joy in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment