Monday, May 27, 2019

May 27



"Our Father in heaven… give us today our daily bread”
( Matt 6:9 NIV )

Devotion:
When we need something in our work place we can’t simply rush into the boss and demand; give me this or that. If it’s a senior director that makes the decision we perhaps need to agree on a time to meet and we may have to wait a week or two before we have access to him or her. That is not the case with our family life. When the children need something they rush right in to mom or dad. Their wish list is not always well thought out. Nor does it need to represent a real need. As soon as a desire makes itself present they run to the parents with it. In God’s Kingdom it’s not the work place formal principals that apply, but rather the family’s generosity and openness that applies. We can come to God our Father, whenever and with whatever we like. He wants us to always make our needs known to Him. (Philippians 4:6 NIV)

Prayer:
Lord, thank You that I can come to You, whenever and with whatever, and You are there to listen. I am not always given that which I pray for, but I know that after I’ve shared my wishes with You, the outcome is that which is always the very best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment