Thursday, October 31, 2019

October 31



“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations…Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth...“ (Jeremiah 1:5, 9 NIV)

It’s often said that when God shared His revelations with the prophets of the Old Testament that God's hand touched them. Whenever an important message was conveyed to the people through the prophet, the prophet heard God's will first. The message is always preceded by a meeting between God and man.
Even today, God wants to manifest his will to people. He selects, and seeks Christians who are willing to take up the prophet’ role and he is looking for Christians who are willing to engage in new assignments.
But God doesn’t catch his prophets in mid-air, when they're busy with everything else. He doesn’t stop us as a police check-point might. It's only those people who themselves are looking to Him, who can experience a meeting with God, people who dare still themselves in the presence of God in order that He might touch them.
God longs for such a meeting with each of us. In the seventies we sometimes sang a chorus with the words:

Lord when Your hand in boundless love touches me.
Then a song is born from the depths saying, that You love me.
And I see a land, with wide fields where I can wander
And learn what freedom is, that matured through You.

Prayer
Thank God that You have chosen me and thank You for giving me and every Christian a holy mission. Help me to be so still, that Your hand can touch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment