Sunday, October 27, 2019

October 27



"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven…If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5: 44-48 NIV)

When I read through my old diaries dating back to more than twenty years ago, I discovered that I had written: ‘Thank you Jesus for my three boys, who are so easy to love.’ When I read it I thought it was really true. My sons have been easy to love, and it has also been easy to love all those linked to them - girlfriends, daughters in law and grandchildren.
 Now, it's not always as easy to love people around us, especially those who aren’t close to us, or those who have something against us, who blame and slander us. Yet it is precisely those whom Jesus wants us to love and pray for. He did - and he wants us to do the same.
We are the hands and feet of Jesus here on earth, and if He needs to get something done, there must be people willing to carry out His errands. Therefore, He calls you and me to love and to intercede in prayer today.

Prayer
Jesus, I pray today that I will contemplate your great love for me to such a degree, that the love spills over to others who come into my path. Thank You for wanting, today, to take care of all those I love, and all those who love me. Thank You too for taking care of those I find it hard to love, and all those who find it hard to love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment