Friday, June 28, 2019

June 28



”The statutes you have laid down are righteous; they are fully trustworthy.” (Psalm 119: 138 NIV)

The boundaries that God establishes are grounded in compassion and faithfulness. The Psalmist knows this well! Therefore he dares to pray in the verses preceding today’s reading;
-        Make your face shine upon your servant and teach me your decrees. (verse 135)
-        Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.(verse 133)
-        I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes.(verse 125)
-        The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. (verse 130)

We have the same assurance that God cares for us, and pray that He will mould us in the fashion He deems good.

Prayer
Jesus, I pray that You will teach me Your commands. I pray that no evil will have power over me. I pray that You will give me understanding so that I can receive Your Word. Thank You for allowing me to be Your servant today.

No comments:

Post a Comment