Monday, October 7, 2019

October 7



”… the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world…what counts is a new creation.” (Galathians 6:14-15 NIV)

The Bible says that we become new creatures when we accept Jesus in our lives. Commenting on Romans 7 the Living Bible explains what it means to be a new creation. It really is something life-changing that occurs, when we confess Jesus as Lord in our lives:

"The non-believer’s mind is concentrated on it’s own personal happiness in life. The source of power in life is his/her own interest motivation. On the other hand, believers have placed God at the center. He is the source of power in our daily life.”

Our way of thinking, and the way we interpret life depends on what departure point we have, relative to our world-view and the value of man. In the old days people believed that Earth was the center of the world and that everything revolved around our planet. Eventually man realized that the earth was only a small part of the universe, and that our solar system had a different center, namely the sun, that the earth and all the other planets revolve around.
Just as it is an infinitely big difference if you think about the earth as the center of the universe or as a small satellite in space, it is a big difference in our thinking, if our view is that it is I who is the center of existence, or if there is another center, to whom I along with everyone else has to conform.
For the Christian Jesus Christ is the center, the reference point and measuring tape for life. Short and sweet - He is Lord!

Prayer
Jesus, you are my Center. Thank you for allowing me to pattern my life from and in You. You are my light and you are my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment