Friday, December 20, 2019

December 20



"Do not be afraid, I am with you. Do not worry, I am your God. I will give you strength and help, support and save you with my hand."
(Isaiah 41:10)

There is an Arabic proverb that says: "The plague claimed 1000 victims, but the fear took its own 10,000 offerings!" And it is true that fear often does far more harm than the reality that confronts us.
Do not be afraid! Fear not! Do not worry! The reminder returns again and again throughout the Bible. We humans have a limited field of view and perspective, and therefore we are often paralyzed by fear. God has a larger perspective to encourage us. We do not need to be afraid when He is present with us. He strengthens, helps, supports and saves us.
Let us take His promises to heart, so that fear does not in itself create more havoc in our lives than reality’s actual difficulties.

Prayer
God, I give my fears to you today. Lord, take care of them for me, and let me serve you without fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment