Tuesday, December 3, 2019

December 3



"The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart..."        (Psalm 19:8 NIV)

Once I saw a piece of art called "Conception". It depicted the Virgin Mary seated on a chair. She had one ear turned upwards and there sat a dove, a symbol of the Holy Spirit, and spoke into her ear. It was a very lovely picture. Moreover, it was very biblical. The Bible says that the new birth takes place through the Word of God planted in us. In 1 Peter 1:23 we read, ‘You are all born again, not from a perishable seed but from an incorruptible, God's living and enduring word.’
Mary became pregnant by hearing and receiving God's word in faith. She says in Luke 1:38: ‘I am the Lord's servant. Let it be me the same for me that you have said.’ Similarly, we can bear fruit for the kingdom of God when we accept God's living word in our lives.

Prayer
Lord, make me sensitive to Your living word that the Holy Spirit conveys to my heart. Help me to receive it in faith, and carry out Your will in the life I live today.

No comments:

Post a Comment