Saturday, December 7, 2019

December 7



"In my distress I called to the LORD; I called out to my God. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears."
(2 Samuel 22:7 NIV)

It was pretty late at night. The phone rang and an unknown woman asked to speak with me. When I came to the phone, she said: 'I need to talk to someone who is a Christian'. Many years earlier, she had been on a course conducted by us, I do not know which one, and now that she was in great difficulties in life, she was reminded of one of the very few Christians that she had had contact with in life, and was fortunate in finding my phone number.
I had no real ability to be able to help her with her problems, not practical or otherwise, but I had a distinct feeling that she knew it.
What she really sought was not to get in touch with me but with someone who could put her in connection with the living God. She knew intuitively that only a supernatural force could lift her out of her desperate situation. I did all I could, I prayed for her on the phone, and throughout the following night.
I do not know how it has gone for this woman, but I was reminded of all the people who are out there and who may not know any Christian who can offer heavenly comfort. Are you and I there for these people?

Prayer
Jesus, thank You for seeing every person who today is struggling with heavy burdens. Help me to be prepared to testify for You and to share a greeting from You, to those I encounter in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment