Thursday, January 10, 2019

January 10



“…Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;” (Ephesians 4:3 KJ)

Peace and harmony didn’t always prevail in our home as our boys grew up. Rather often the siblings were fighting and it even happened that somebody was given a walloping. But the remarkable thing was that if an external threat appeared, i.e. that one of the boys was attacked by someone from outside the family, the brothers came together in unity and supported each other one hundred percent.
Sometimes I wonder if Christians get stuck in quarrels because they haven’t realized that we have a common enemy – the devil, who wants to destroy, devastate and demolish all of God’s good creation. In all wars one tactical response is to create divisions among one’s opponents. This is also true in the spiritual war, in which each Christian is involved every day. If we just would realize, that as Christians we are siblings in the same family, and that the enemy’s goal is to create dissonance among us, we would unite as one around Truth again.

Prayer
Lord, help me to contribute to unity today. Help me so I do not  stubbornly only uphold my own opinions. Help me to see that loving my Christian brothers and sisters is more important than my being right.

No comments:

Post a Comment