Wednesday, January 9, 2019

January 9



“… because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.” (Rom 8:2 NIV)

Becoming a Christian is like changing one’s landlord. As long as I have my old landlord, he has the right to come to me every month and request that I pay my rent. But if someone else purchases the house, the old landlord does not any longer have any right to demand anything from me.
When I belonged to the world, that is before I was saved, the master of this world, the devil, could claim that I should obey him. But when Jesus became the Master of my life, he was like a new landlord. When the enemy comes and makes claims of ‘this and that’, I refer him to Jesus, who bought me free and clear and is now responsible for me.

Prayer:
Thank you Jesus that you bought me free from my past and that I am now free from all of my old life’s obligations. Thank you that the enemy cannot hold me any longer because You have paid all my debt
.

No comments:

Post a Comment