Tuesday, February 12, 2019

February 12



”Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)

Most people know that Denmark is known for its beech woods. I have heard that at one time however, there were as many oaks as beeches in the country. Gradually however, the beech collection took over and the oak collection diminished. The reason for this was that the beeches sow their seeds earlier than the oak.
As I heard about the struggle between beeches and oaks in Denmark and the reason for the beech victory, I thought of us human beings. In the spiritual realm there is an ongoing war about influence over man. And it is likely that what is sown into people’s lives early during childhood and youth will prosper later in life. If good things are sown into their lives, if the Word of God is sown when they are young, sooner or later it will force away the evil things that later in life are sown into their lives.

Prayer
Lord, I want to be very attentive today as I meet young people, and be careful to sow good things into their lives. Help me to sow good words and kindness in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment