Monday, February 11, 2019

February 11



”You shall no more be termed Forsaken…” (Isaiah 62:4)

Our days were filled with anxiety. Things had happened which made us doubt whether we should be able to continue our work as before. We did not know how to manage our situation and we did not know how we would be able to support ourselves in the future. We had an assignment in London at the time and we were to stay there for a couple of days. We had looked forward to this tour both for the special assignment and for the opportunity to get a change and some relaxation in our schedule. We longed for some rest for our anxious thoughts. However, it didn’t turn out to be the relaxation that we had expected. We were staying at a miserable hotel where the steel springs went right through the mattress and kept us awake all night. Exhausted and listless after a sleepless night, we went down to have breakfast.
Along with our breakfast we read the morning papers. I remember reading “The Daily Telegraph”. Just as I was going to finish my reading and we were about to go into the crowds of that big city, my eyes caught a headline. “Personal”. This is a part of the paper that I very seldom read, but it was as if the words in one of the tiny ads bounced out of the paper. There, in this mini, mini advertisement were the simple words. ”You shall no more be termed Forsaken” – nothing else. And there and then those words, which actually come from Isaiah book, became a message from God to me. I took courage and suddenly I could look forward to see God’s solution to our problems. And within soon this solution was openly revealed.

Prayer
Thank you Lord that you sometimes reveal yourself to us where we expect it the least. Forgive me that I often forget that you are by my side, when everything is well, as well as when days are dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment