Thursday, February 14, 2019

February 14



”For the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation.”  (Psalm 149:4)

My mother-in-law used to tell about her mother, who had a rather difficult life, but still maintained a strong trust in God. She alone had the full responsibility for three children with scarce resources. She had a saying, which stayed with my mother-in-law, and which she also used to say as the storms of life and different discouragements came her way. And my mother-in-law conveyed the expression to me. And the words have also stayed in my mind.
 What words did the mother of my mother-in-law say at some point in the beginning of the 20th century? She said: “There is love behind everything”.
I can see my mother-in-law say the words as her oldest son died, too early, as a fifty year old man. I can hear her say the word as her husband went through repeated and difficult times of illness. I can hear her say the words every time life knocked her. And the words are always ringing in my head, when life doesn’t turn out the way I wanted. “There is love behind everything”!

Prayer
Thank you Lord that I may live in the assurance that Your love will protect me during any circumstances in life. Only You know what is best for me, and regardless of what is happening, You have neither lost control nor will You abandon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment