Saturday, February 23, 2019

February 23



Jesus answered, If I want him to remain until I return, what is it you? You must follow me." (John 21:22 NIV)

Sometimes we are tempted to become more preoccupied with other people's spiritual lives, than our own. When we listen to a sermon, we tend to think - This should heard by he or she. In this way, we listen instead for others, and miss out on God's words spoken to us.
In today's scriptures, when John is too interested in other people's relationship with God, Jesus rebukes him and says: ”What is it you? - Why is that your concern? Follow thou me”.
As Christians, we have only one responsibility – that is to ensure that our own relationship with Jesus is honest and true. Then He wants to lead us, and we are to follow Him. Sometimes, He will lead us to help others in their spiritual struggle, but our act issues from our service to follow Jesus, and not from our own initiative.

Prayer
Help me today to simply follow you. Help me not to react to how You treat others. Let me be a willing tool, that doesn’t ask why you use me in one way or another, but willingly carries out what You want me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment