Thursday, March 21, 2019

March 21



”Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” (James 1:17)

As a parent I want to enjoy a meaningful relationship with my children. No one wants to have a relationship wherein the parent is simply a resource well and the child simply someone who performs simple favors for the parent. We want to have a relationship. As a parent I delight in seeing the children playing and having fun. The children’s joy and delight fills my heart with gladness. In the same way God’s foremost desire is to have the same type relationship with His children.
It’s true that God presents gifts to His children, but if I deem His gifts as a ’given’ as though it were His duty to give, I wound His heart. I do that also if I receive His gifts without joy or with mistrust and caution. My joyful response in receiving His gifts pleases Him. I believe He loves to see that I have it good, that I enjoy recreation and good friends, especially if that friendship includes Him.


Prayer
Thank you for all the good gifts You give and thank You for the joyful relationship you give. Thank You for allowing me the serendipitous life that childhood lived under your Fatherly care offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment