Wednesday, March 20, 2019

March 20




“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

Today’s Bible verse is one of my favorites because it concerns the fact that God really knows what He is doing and that He wishes all well for my future. In an earlier translation of the Bible it reads: “I know well which thoughts I have for you” that little word “well” was important for me because it underlined that God is very specific in His planning for me. Things don’t happen by chance when God is our Father.
As a parent I am interested to see the development and advances in my children’s lives. It would be tragic if my children continued to act as three year olds when they are grown adults. In the same way God wants to see development and advances in my life, as Father. He wants it to go well for me and I believe He is proud when I succeed. He wants me to use the gifts He has given me in a way that leads to something good, both in the short and long term.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for always wanting the very best for me. Thank You for a plan for my life that concerns my well being, future, and a hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment