Monday, March 25, 2019

March 25



"For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother." (Matt 12:50 NIV)

Jesus claims in this verse that we are His siblings when we do as God wishes. Then we can ask ourselves: How does one relate to a sibling who has given His life in order that I might live? How does one relate to a sibling who is without fault in love, joy, peace, patience, humility, gentleness, faithfulness, fairness and kindness? How does one relate to a sibling who is one with the father and the only ”way” to the father?
I see him as a big brother who was there first, who can show, lead and guide into the unknown where he has already been. But I am also allowed to play and race around with him under the father’s watch and I learn from him.
He saved me from an ”alien adoption”. In fact I belonged to the very same family as he from the beginning, to God’s inner family circle. But due the original sin I had to begin my life in an ”alien family”. However, ”big brother” wanted me to belong to my spiritual birth family, therefore, He gave Himself to return me to the Father.

  
Prayer
Is it true that Jesus is my brother?
Is it true the inheritance belongs to me?
Then be gone all floods of tears,
Away with all that would cause me undue care!
 (Swedish Psalter nr 250, Lina Sandell)

March 26

”… everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled.” (Luke 18:31)

Jesus often referred to Himself as the ”Son of Man”. David Hedegard writes that the Jewish meditation literature presents the ”Son of Man” as a heavenly creation who will come one day in the latter days to stand in judgment. He was the bearer of the highest holy Name and He was present from the beginning. When Jesus spoke about Himself as the ”Son of Man” He claimed not only that He was a man but that He was also the Almighty and had Godly powers. However, Jesus also spoke about the Son of Man’s humiliation and that He came into the world to be persecuted and killed. Through giving of Himself in death He offers salvation to the entire human race.
Jesus is the only way to the Father (John 12:45). To partake in Jesus’ offer of salvation, I must overcome my pride. I must humble myself and just receive. But there is no pride in Jesus challenging me to dare come. He wants me to come and receive. The fact that He is ”The Way” to the Father is simply the plan that God designed.


   Prayer
Is it true that Jesus is my brother?

Is it true the inheritance belongs to me?

Then be gone all floods of tears,

Away with all that would cause me undue care!
 (Swedish Psalter nr 250, Lina Sandell)

No comments:

Post a Comment