Wednesday, March 6, 2019

March 6



Boaz said to her, “Take off your cloak and spread it out here.” She did, and he poured out almost fifty pounds of barley and helped her lift it to her shoulder. Then she returned to town with it.
 (Ruth 3:15; Good News Translation)


I was to bring the keynote address at a large conference. Even though I was convinced that it was God’s will for me to be there and at that moment, I was uneasy that it wouldn’t be sufficient nor would it be of a high enough standard.
The evening prior to my speech I read God’s word and spent considerable time in prayer. Then the daily reading came alive to me. It was as though God was saying “Take off your cloak and spread it out here.” In other words, open yourself up to me so that I can fill you. Then He “poured six portions of barley into it” that was His gift to me – the portion I needed for the next day. Finally He ‘helped her lift it to her shoulder’. He actually helped me to put the burden in place so that I could carry out the assignment. And, it went well! 
In Matthew 23:4 it’s written about the Pharisees that “They tie up heavy loads… and put them on men's shoulders… but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.“ What a difference from God’s action! He helps us carry our burdens; His yoke is easy. (Matthew 11:30)

Prayer

Lord, thank You for filling me with Your goodness today. Thank You too for shouldering the burdens with me in such a way that my load is lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment