Monday, April 15, 2019

April 15



"The blood on your houses will be a sign for you. When I see the blood, I will pass over you. No deadly plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.” (Exodus 12:13 NIV)

As long back as I can remember, I’ve prayed for my children every day. It began with one name, then it was two and then three. Then, once my sons married, had children of their own the band of names I pray for has grown, and I now pray for my three sons, my daughters-in-law, and my grandchildren. I pray for the needs they have just now, but I also pray for two other concerns for each and every one of them. I pray for the blood’s protection in all life’s circumstances, and I pray for blessings on their day. Protection and blessings!
The children of Israel had the sign of the blood on their doors as a symbol that evil would ’pass by’ (”pesach” Greek word, which means to pass over and also translates as Easter). The Hebrew people did not understand what the process consisted of, they simply did as God had instructed. The doorposts received a brush stroke of blood and in so doing became protected. I don’t know either how this process functions, however, in faith I ”stroke” my loved ones’ lives with the blood’s protection each day. I pray too for God’s blessings, and that all good that’s found in God, shall pour over the lives of those I call my own.


Prayer
Thank you God that I can this day trust my near and dear to your hands. Thank you for seeing to their needs today. I pray for the protection of the blood over them all and that your blessings will come upon them and be evidenced in a concrete way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment