Tuesday, April 16, 2019

April 16



"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John13:34-35 NIV)

Here we’re reminded that Jesus gave the disciples a ’new’ message: to love in the same manner as He does. He loved through His acts, he loved through doing good deeds, He loved through setting up demands and through setting up defensive boundaries. Lastly, He loved by giving His own life for those He loved. Do likewise! He says we must love in the same way. Impossible? Yes, if we depend on our own strength alone. However, ’love comes from God’, and ’this is love…that He loved us’ and ’anxiety is not found in love… pure love drives away anxiety…We love because He first loved us.’ (1 John 4)

Prayer

God, today I want to pray for all those I love and those who love me. May your love be an agent in their life today. Place people in their path, who can encourage and support them when the journey becomes weary. Send those who will share in their joy when life rays of Light shine bright. Send me to someone who needs to share with me their joy or sorrow today.


No comments:

Post a Comment