Wednesday, June 5, 2019

June 5

Therefore, I urge you, brothers… to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.”
(Romans 12:1 NIV)

We travel often to conduct series of spiritual meetings in various places. Sometimes we are hosted by the corps officer or church leaders. There is something special about sharing fellowship with such people, especially on Sunday morning prior to the morning worship. There is often a clear and orderly fashion when all prepare themselves, as if going to a celebration. All dress in their Sunday best and parents and children have well rehearsed routines as to how the preparations ought to proceed.
The Sunday worship service is important. That’s where we sing praises together with other Christians. That’s where we listen to the teaching of God’s Word and it’s there that we have fellowship with our fellow believers. Still, I believe that the Bible means something other when one speaks of a worship service.
Today’s Bible reading speaks of worship; it’s to present oneself as a living and holy sacrifice that pleases God. And, do you know what? I believe, that even if God is interested in what happens in churches and fellowships on Sundays between eleven and twelve o’clock, He is significantly more interested in what happens in and among Christians between the hours at twelve on Sunday and Sunday at eleven.





Prayer
Lord help me to live as You would want all those hours that float subsequent to my leaving the church on Sunday until I again take my seat in the pew the next Sunday. Help me to please You with my words, my acts, yes. all that I am and do, each day and every moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment