Thursday, June 6, 2019

June 6

”Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.” (Revelations 2:10b NIV)

I plan well when I decide to undertake something, and I double check to ensure that nothing goes wrong. I check and test as thoroughly as possible, turning every stone in order to discover in advance any weaknesses or faults in my plan. Regardless, it can happen that my plan goes wrong. I might be cheated out of money, my reputation or personal rights. That’s how things function in this world.
However, when we are cheated, gossiped about, belittled, or forgotten; when others attempt to take away our dignity and honor, there remains one thing that can never be taken from, or denied us. That is the blessing of a pure heart.
The purity in my heart can never be taken from me or stained by another person. It can only be destroyed or thrown away by me.

Prayer

Lord, help me today to keep a careful watch over my purity and don’t allow me to be pulled into those things that are hurtful or lowly, even if others act wrongly or mistreat me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment