Monday, July 1, 2019

July 1



”They turned their backs to me and not their faces; though I taught them again and again, they would not listen or respond to discipline.”
(Jeremiah 32:33 NIV)

In Jeremiah’s book, one can again and again hear how God through Jeremiah complains that the people turned their back on God instead of turning to Him with their difficulties. I can see the people in front of me – and in fact I can see myself in their situation. They want to handle their lives themselves. They find their own solutions and they seek outcomes in their own ways. And in seeking how they will handle their ’every day’ in a world of ill will their backs become more and more bent. They seek earthly solutions. They forget that the only solution that can truly help is in the living God Jehovah. He longs to see their faces turned to Him awaiting His opportunity to help them, but sees only their stooped backs.

Prayer
Lord imprint today both pictures in me: a picture of the stooped back and a picture of the longing, upward turned face, and help me to live in accordance with the upward turned face’s principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment